Dark Circles under the eyes?
Are you just unlucky to have a genetic tendency to have dark circles under your eyes, or is this a sign of an underlying health matter?
To Treat this problem you must first know what causes the dark circles under the eye;-
- Heredity – dark circles often runs in families and upper eyelid will be affected by heredity darkness
- Thyroid disorder
- Lack of sleep/fatigue
- Allergies – eczema or allergy causing itching and rubbing of the skin or blockage of the nose
- Pigmentation – A particular concern sun damage can make melanin causing pigmentation.
- Thinning of the skin, loss of fat and collagen as part of ageing- this can make the blue blood vessels more obvious
- Lifestyle – Excess alcohol, smoking, pollution, drug use and poor diet. Eventually, your bad habits tell on your face
- Weight loss/nutritional deficiency
- Ageing process
Options for treatment
If you have addressed your lifestyle and diet, you are drinking enough water and not dehydrated and the darkness is still visible, it is advisable to visit a medical professional to eliminate the cause being a medical condition. Depending on the cause you may be recommended a blood test, a prescription medication or vitamin supplements. It may a lifestyle change.
Topical application of eye treatment creams are a good option, chose wisely looking for a product that contains Vitamin A to help reduce the darkness caused by thinning skin. The added benefit is vitamin A will help rejuvenate the skin and reduce wrinkles.
There may be an option to have in this area treated with Hyaluronic acid filler under the eye to remove the shadows before you embark on this treatment option it is advisable to make sure your practitioner is qualified to do this advanced treatment.